Friday, June 7, 2013

Inaugural Friday Fess-Up!

I had a brainflash last night! (Oh yeah, it was thrilling. You know, in the "I'm lying in bed trying to go to sleep, so why won't you please shut up, brain"-kinda way.) Basically what it comes down to is, even though I'm a Weight Watchers leader, I'm utterly still human. I still make mistakes, I still struggle with making the right choice, and I still can be a lazy slug sometimes. I want to share those mistakes with you in the hope that 1) I'll do right by you throughout the week and 2) you'll draw some inspiration in the knowing that you're not alone-slash-you'll be able to look at my slip-ups and think "pfft, even *I* can do better than that!"

I've been trying to find something that would motivate me to post more regularly, and I think this is going to be fun, redeeming, and cathartic. And maybe hold me somewhat accountable? After all, if I'm sharing my lows with the Internet-connected world, perhaps I'll do better at avoiding some of them in the first place!

Basically, "if hunger is not the problem, food is not the solution."


I weigh in every Friday morning, so Fridays are going to be my recap of the previous week. I'll share any particular highs and any particular lows; how my weigh-in went; how many Activity PointsPlus Values I earned over the week; and my mileage for the week.

Anyway, without further ado, here is your first "Friday Fess-Up," where I confess to the sins and ...not-sins (? obviously I am not well-versed in the correct terminology for being a GOOD person for once. Virtues?) of the previous week.

I'm gonna be completely honest: this last week was really tough for me. I was at my parents' house in Oklahoma all weekend, and there are always all kinds of temptations there. I'm not criticizing you, Mom! I'm just saying that when there's chocolate and Oreos and Goldfish in the cupboard, I will probably end up eating all of the above, plus any salted nuts I can find (and lots of beer). We also belatedly celebrated my birthday. Then as soon as I got back to Lincoln and my normal routine, a certain terrible week (let's just call it "ladytimes") commenced.

I was home for a girlfriend's wedding.
Congratulations, Sarah & Kyle!


Proudest moment: not giving in to absurdly strong cravings for chips/cookies/pizza/ice cream/anything and everything else on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. Instead I had some WW Cheddar Twists, bananas dipped in PB2 (powdered peanut butter), nectarines, WW ice cream cones (2 PPV!), sugar-free canned mandarin oranges, and some Life cereal.

I couldn't wait to eat my nectarines -- first of the season! --
so I nommed down while still in the Walmart parking lot.


Activity PPVs: 31. That's fewer than the last couple weeks, but still puts me at 113% of my weekly goal. I didn't run at all when I was home over the weekend (bad Tory!) but I was pretty good once we got back to Lincoln.

Mileage: 10.42 miles run so far this week. Technically, my running weeks go from Sunday through Saturday, so if I do anything today or tomorrow, that'll get added in.

Weigh-in: Despite being home over the weekend and then dealing with that time (sidenote: did you know that in Germany, they call it "Erdbeerwoche"? This translates to "Strawberry Week." I think this is really cute yet totally disgusting)...I only gained 0.6 pounds!

All in all, this week could have been a lot worse, and HAS been a lot worse in the past! I'm pretty pleased with myself.

If you want to try your hand at a Friday Fess-Up, then link me up, dude and/or lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment