Monday, August 12, 2013

3/4 Marathon Debriefing: Week 4 of 12


Phew! This week just WIPED. ME. OUT. I ran a farewell hash (for those of you unacquainted with "hashing," I explained it here) on Saturday for our friends Amy and Jesse, who are moving to Germany for a year. The hash put about 5 extra miles of unplanned-for mileage on my week and that, combined with my work schedule, pushed my long run back to Sunday morning. Since I have to be at work at 8:15 on Sunday mornings, that meant that I had to get up at 4:30 yesterday in order to fit in my eleven miles.

Side note: eleven miles is the longest run I've ever done by myself!

Since I don't want to run the risk of overtraining and injuring myself, I'm planning to credit those extra five miles from last week towards this week, which makes me feel less exhausted thinking about another week of higher mileage.

As for the "123," I decided that I liked to just write each number once I'd done the weight training, instead of crossing them off. That means that this week, I got in my three weight training sessions. Yippee!

And because I know you won't be happy until I gross you out (okay, okay, so maybe it's ME who won't be happy until I gross you out), here's a comparison of boob sweat after running 9 miles and 11 miles.


As you can see, the extra two miles almost completely soaked my bra. Yes, I am aware, I am nothing but classy and sexy. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment