Saturday, August 17, 2013

Running in the Dark

I forgot to tell you guys! Last week, when I was on my long run that started at 5:21 a.m. and was DARK as all heck for the first three miles, I was running through a section of wooded trail and got hit in the head by a bat!


No, no, a bat with WINGS.




Are you seriously not getting this?

Anyway, I was running and trying my damnedest to keep the trail's middle line in my peripheral vision, because it was so dark that that's the only way I could see it, and suddenly felt something of Hacky Sack-like consistency whap against the brim of my ballcap and go skittering off the crown of my head. I squealked (cross between squeal and squeak) in surprise and resolved to get a headlamp, or at least run on well-lit trails when it's still pre-dawn: for the sake of bats everywhere. Because that's just how kindhearted I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment