Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thanksgiving, Clower Style

In case you haven't picked it up by reading this blog, let me just tell you flat-out that my family is goofy. We are weird and dorky and we love each other very, very much. My dad was career Air Force, so we moved around a lot when I was a kid. My mom is originally from Montana, my dad was born in Arizona but his parents are from Maryland, I was born in California, and my brother was born in Montana. Throughout the years, the closest we've ever lived to any of our immediate family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousins) was when I was 3 and my brother was a newborn, and we were still four hours away from our grandparents. It was only natural that we'd grow to be an extremely close nuclear family, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

So here's a belated Thanksgiving post, heavy on the pictures, serving up a snippet of "Why I love my family."

Come Thanksgiving, my dad insists we refer to him
as "The Mashed Potato Maven."
Since I was five or six, our family has always played a "Turkey Bowl" touch-
football game on Thanksgiving morning with our friends and family.

Recognize that foil? Ooh yeah, it's mimosa time at the football game!

My mom's delicious cranberry-almond mini-muffins.

Fun fact: my mom prefers salty to sweet any day, but she LOVES marshmallows.

My brother is a "traceur"--he free-runs/does parkour. This means he's usually
on top of something of which people aren't usually on top.
My fingers were stained red from the annual making of Cranberry Jell-O Salad,
which requires mushing crushed pineapple and whole-berry cranberry
sauce into a pan of partially-set red Jell-O. 



Another wonderful Thanksgiving with my family. I couldn't imagine it anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment