Monday, July 29, 2013

Friday Fess-Up, 26July13

Howdy howdy howdy! This last week had definitely had a lot of ups and downs. (But geez, what week doesn't?)

Recap: I didn't manage to weigh in last week, since we were up in Rapid City for Mike and Abby's wedding. I had looked up the WW schedule, but failed to actually make it in (I really didn't want to weigh in the morning after Abby's bachelorette party, OR the morning after the rehearsal dinner). We got back into town on Sunday night, so Monday morning, I was right back on the wagon.

White and yellow nectarines in Honey Bunches of Oats.
We just read Beautiful Ruins in my book club.


Strawberry and Greek yogurt parfait. Yum!
Low point: ARGH. Monday, I did great all day...until the evening. I hadn't run that morning, because I was planning on running home from work and didn't want to completely wear myself out, but then it was about a zillion degrees that night, so I didn't run home after all, and then when I got home, I was craving junk food like wow. Then I got up on Tuesday morning with the plan to run a solid 6, and it was POURING. Like I said in last week's Training Debriefing, I'm not yet used enough to having a gym membership again and completely forgot that I can do that if the weather's not cooperating. SOOO, of course, I got up, looked outside, saw that it was raining, and thought "Rats, can't run; better eat cinnamon-sugar toast all morning while watching Orange is the New Black!" ...and then we got D'Leon's for lunch. If you're not from Lincoln, D'Leon's is delicious Mexican food with burritos that put Chipotle to shame.

High points: Well, after pigging out on junk all day on Tuesday, I was sitting at a train-crossing on the way home from work and just out of nowhere, I had an epiphany. Nothing really groundbreaking or -shaking, but just remembering how much better I feel about myself when I eat right. After that, it wasn't hard at all to get back on track for the rest of the week. (Protip: when I'm feeling really good, I take the time to pull out my journal and jot down how I feel. This way, I can look back on bad days and remind myself why I keep trying.)

Activity PPV: 37. Not too shabby!

Mileage: 27.4 miles...all running! MAAAAN do new shoes feel good!


And this is just for fun, found downtown last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment